The Frog and The Swan

 by DAF

             A frog is posing on the edge of a pond in contemplation of his reflection in the water and feeling very sad and discouraged when a swan came up to him and said...
''O.K. Froggy, now I have been watching you for most days now like this, and I have to say you are making me unhappy just looking at you, so .. what's the matter Froggy.'' 
The frog falls back onto his back, legs and arms akimbo, and looks up to the sky as if the answer 'just' might be there written in the clouds and eventually says...
''Sometimes in my day I feel I am drowning but I try not to let it get me down and in time I come around and jump up and down saying at the top of my voice, today is a good day, but then, I just might get that drowning-feeling all over again.''
The swan, looking at the frog with a smile says...
 ''That's a typical feeling when you are getting on in years Froggy .. don't you know that everything is in flux, your body, your mind, and everything else in nature, all in fluctuation, so if you can do it gracefully, go with the flow with everything and life becomes that more uncomplicated for you to cope with.'' 
The swan swims away knowing that Froggy is parting from this life and has yet to come to terms with it.
<<<<>>>>

 

Popular posts from this blog